Monday, June 20, 2011

Get your Freak Show on!

I was listening to the radio today and I heard a line in a song that said “Get your Freak on!”    Well, after the week I’ve had, there will be no getting my freak on, that’s for sure!  I think I’ve taken it to a whole different level this week.  “Get your freak SHOW on” is much more like it for me this past week.

Let me explain… my friend Suzie came to visit me early in the week.  And by Suzie, I mean the whopping fever blister that looks like a second head on my lip.  It can’t be ignored, therefore I give it a name!  Suzie is an undeniable monster on my face that  arrives 30 seconds before me everywhere I go.  

Then to add insult to injury, I lost my voice.  I am squeaking every time I talk. It’s not pretty, but it does seem to be quite amusing to my family.

And, due to the fact that I will be turning 50 in a few weeks, and I want to be Fifty and Fit, and NOT Fifty and FAT, I have increased my activity level to an abnormal amount of Insanity.  So, every time I stand up, there is massive pain in my thighs that makes me wince.   Not to mention that I can’t lift my arms either.  So, the first few steps look like a monster has taken over.   

So, when you combine all of these, it goes something like this:  I stand up, every muscle hurts, so I wince.  But…. that wince comes out like a goose honk, then a high pitched squeak.  Then I take a few Frankenstein steps forward to avoid the pain, and I look like a side show freak.  BUT, wait… that’s not all… before you see any of this, you see the second head on my face that you cannot help but notice.  Yep… FREAK SHOW and a half!   SEXY?  I think NOT!  Thank goodness my family finds it very amusing to make fun of me.  Otherwise, I would not have known that I was a freak AT ALL!!!

Ah… am I bummed.  Yes, I am!  No one wants to be a Freak!  But, I can’t change it, so I’ll carry on.  I’m “Getting my Freak Show on” this week and my family finds it quite funny.    Ha… I love making my family laugh!  But watch out family… I won’t be a freak forever!  And my body may be freaking out, but my brain is working just fine!    Hmmmm.... I’d sleep with one eye open if I were you.  BWAHAHAHAHA!  

No comments:

Post a Comment