Thursday, January 6, 2011

5 Second Dance Party

Have you ever been so excited about something that you just want to dance?  Well… welcome to my world.  I get excited over lots of stuff.  And, well… when something good happens,  I  yell ‘5 Second Dance Party’ and do a really obnoxious dance.  The dance is never the same, and it is always good for a laugh.   It requires full body movement, arms high, legs moving… pretty much just a plain old ‘happy dance’. 

I started the 5 second dance party to celebrate my kid’s accomplishments.   Before long, however, it became a way of celebrating a lot of things.  I had my great niece dancing at one family function when she showed me a cute trick.    Later that night I had a facebook post from her mom saying “Ben (her husband) just said ‘Five Second Dance Party’… Yes, it’s obnoxious, but it is catching.
It happens at family functions, at home, and occasionally when we are out somewhere.   But my all time favorite is to do the five second dance party in public and watch the horror on my kid’s faces.   It brings me great joy to hear them say “Really, mom?”   It’s funny to see the look on their face.  I can tell that they secretly wish I would continue and stop all at the same time.  Haha!  I tell my kids all the time… ‘Don’t embarrass me in front of your friends, and I won’t embarrass you in front of your friends. ‘   However, this rule does not apply to the five second dance party.   
Umm… I should probably learn to control myself at some point.  After all, I am starting menopause.  Isn’t it time to start acting like an old lady?  Naahhhh….I think I’ll stay young for a while longer… and  I’ll have a five second dance party to celebrate my youth!   

No comments:

Post a Comment