Monday, November 22, 2010

No Thanks!

My husband is a fabulous cook and he absolutely loves cooking fun, exciting meals!  I, on the other hand, can take it or leave it.  I CAN cook, I just don’t!  I like to bake at Christmas, but that’s about it.  

I basically cook chicken nuggets, French fries and chocolate chip cookies.  The neighborhood kids know that if they come to my house on Friday, they’re getting Dinosaur nuggets.  The boys next door used to love to come eat here because they NEVER get chicken nuggets at their house.  Their mom cooks fabulous meals that make my mouth water, but no frozen chicken nuggets from a bag. 

In my defense, I work long hours.  But, occasionally, when my husband is working too, I will ask the kids if they want me to cook something… Usually, they yell out safe choices like Chicken Nuggets or Spaghetti… but one night my oldest just grinned and said “No thanks… I choose Life!”

Bahahahaha!  What an oxymoron!   You can’t make a statement like that and actually expect to live!  You can expect a smack upside the head , a kick in the seat or a long run down the street trying to outrun your mama.   This is when you completely understand Bill Cosby’s statement “I brought you into this world, I can take you out!’   

But, being the Mother of the Year material that I am (NOT)… I just smacked her upside the head and said “Life’s tough – Wear a helmet!”   

I’m sure the bowl of cheerios that she fixed herself for dinner was yummy. :) 

Life lesson – life is tough, and it can get tougher if you bite the hand that feeds you!  So, play nice!

No comments:

Post a Comment