Saturday night, my husband had a craving for something sweet. Yes, I do realize that sounds very funny! It’s usually me, the menopausal woman that has the cravings. However, when he said he wanted something chocolate, I thought that I many have died and gone to heaven!
So… we made chocolate chip cookies, and homemade hot fudge sauce and store bought vanilla ice cream. Well, this wasn’t quite what he had in mind. So, he decided to make some chocolate mousse.
We have one of those ISI whipped cream dispensers (with the CO2 cartridges) that are used to make fresh whipped cream. So, Tom decided that he would make chocolate mousse in it. We’ve done it many times, and it is wonderful. So, after carefully measuring all the ingredients and putting it together, he gave it a few shakes to charge it. He squirted it out onto a spoon to taste. It LOOKED wonderful! However, one taste made it very clear that he had left out the sugar. It was like eating Hershey’s cocoa straight from the container. Bitter, bitter, bitter.
Unfortunately, once the CO2 has been used to charge the dispenser, you can’t really open it to add anything. But, Tom was going to try! He put paper towels over the dispenser and tried to let off some pressure a little bit at a time. He kept telling us that it was just not going to work. But, of course we all wanted to see what would happen. Rachel decided to pull out he iphone and record the experience.
So… Tom put it in the sink and let off a little steam. A big wad of mousse came out under the paper towel. It looked disgusting! But before we could finish commenting, it EXPLODED! It sounded like a cork popping off of champagne. It scared the bejeebers out of us! Chocolate went everywhere! Brittany fell in the floor laughing. She was covered in tiny little splashes of chocolate all over her face. It was everywhere. There were chunks of chocolate all over the counter, on the cabinets, on EVERYTHING that was sitting on the counters, on the ceiling, the lights, the chairs, the floor, the kids, the boyfriend, etc. It went pretty much everywhere, EXCEPT the sink (of course!).
We were laughing so hard we could hardly contain ourselves. It was so hysterically funny. Then Rachel told us that she had captured the entire experience on video. We played it, and replayed it, again and again. It was funnier every time we played it. Sunday morning, I was still finding little splashes of chocolate as far away as 8 feet. Yikes!
Well, I guess if you can’t eat your chocolate, you might as well wear it! Enjoy the video! http://youtu.be/hHL1IiE9D0g