Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Get in Argument with God

Every morning, when I come in from my walk with my girlfriends, I fix a cup of coffee and venture into the sunroom for some quiet time.  I usually pick up a bible study of some sort to get my day started.  Lately, I’ve found that the small print is a little blurry. Hmmm… I don’t need reading glasses as the day progresses, but I apparently need them first thing in the morning.  Yet… I refuse to believe it.   So… every morning, I do the same thing.  I pick up my book and strain to see what it says.  Never mind that I am creating wrinkles the size of the Grand Canyon in my forehead.  For some reason, I just refuse to accept the fact that my eyes are aging.

So, this morning, I opened my book, and right there in the middle of the page was the sentence “Get in Argument with God and start feeling good about who you are.” WHAT???? Get in an argument with God?  Why?   That absolutely didn’t sound right.  So, I squinted and read it again.  Same thing!  I pondered on it, and thought that it couldn’t possibly be right.

So, I picked up my glasses and put them on.  Re-reading… “Get in AGREEMENT with God and start feeling good about who you are.”  Hahahaha!  Now that makes much more sense.  Hmmm…. It seems that pride is a nasty companion!   Way to point out that I have actually been in my own argument with God about aging. 

Lesson learned… I guess I need to get in agreement with aging, and out of the argument I’ve been having! I wonder what else I have missed or misinterpreted.   I guess I need to pick up the rose colored Granny glasses and celebrate my new found sight.  But, I think I’ll just call them something else… Tomorrow morning, I will come in put on my “Wisdom Windows” and try to get in agreement with God and aging!     

No comments:

Post a Comment